Who should have a spirometry?
If you answer yes to any of the following question you should ask your doctor about having a spirometry test.
- Do you (now) or have you ever smoked?
- Are you short of breath, more often than other people?
- Do you have a cough that does not go away? For example: daily coughing or the ‘morning’ cough?
- If you cough, do you cough up mucus?
- Do people around you smoke?
- Do you work around chemicals and dust?
- Does bronchitis or emphysema run in your family?
- Do you wheeze (a whistling or squeaky sound when you breathe)?